« Home | A day with George » | Oregon and Bust » | The Infamous First Post »

Home again, well, Omaha anyway

I'm back now, the flight yesterday was terribly uninteresting. Except of course for the security check. I was chosen for extra special attention and got my carry-on and person checked in detail. The TSA folks said that the airlines sometimes single people out for extra security checks but they did not know what criteria the airlines follow. When I was finally through (and thank goodness I'd come early), I asked a Delta representative who said that such decisions were the TSAs alone and Delta had nothing to do with it. One of the two organizations were lying, and since it was Delta's computers who printed the "SSSSS" on my boarding pass, I'm going to guess it's them. The more I think about it, I think what singled me out was my inability to understand the fellow at the desk when he asked for my ID. It's not my fault that the fellow mumbled and was generally sub-verbal. It's not like he even had an accent, I mean, I'm pretty good with variations in speech patterns. He just didn't enunciate. I need to write a nasty letter to Delta asking for an explanation of their system and if I don't get a satisfactory answer, I think I'll boycott them. Well, the service all day was so poor compared to any other airline I've ever been on (including Eastern European and South American airlines) that I'll probably avoid them at all costs. The letter really only will determine if I encourage other people to treat them like the plague as well. We'll see if I can make an airport poem out of it anyway, writing angry is easy. Unfortunately, it wasn't until after my more-than-two-hour lay-over in Salt Lake City that I found out about the free shuttles and tours to the historic part of the city that anyone with over two hours can take advantage of. Instead of seeing the Mormon Mecca, I sat in the airport and videoed myself yawning.

Gee, I've been looking for just the right pic for my wallpaper. Thanks so much for posting that one.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Scott
  • From Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
  • Busily carving a niche somewhere between angels and apes since 1979.
My profile

    "... if you're not on videotape, or better yet, live on satellite hookup in front of the whole world watching, you don't exist. You're that tree falling in the forest that nobody gives a rat's ass about" (Palahnuik, Chuck. Survivor). This is my performative culture; I am your dancing monkey.