« Home | When did I get the point? » | One of Many Downsides to American Exceptionalism » | The Bus People » | "Alas, it is I, a poor girl from the village of Gh... » | Smacznego! » | Research Poem: compound noun, a literary work into... » | I'd be happy with third. » | Hajib and TSA » | Lefties can be vitriolic too. » | Strange Thoughts on Queer Films »

Snow Days

No, it's not at all ironic that the first day of spring is the biggest snow of the year. OK, so maybe it is a little ironic. Last night when I looked up Union's weather closure webpage, I thought they were being a optimistic. Then this morning around 6:30, I looked it up again and they had decided to close for the day. I was so happy I actually got out of bed and did things. Serhiy was so happy with the news that he rolled over and slept until 12:30. I do believe his reaction was more in the spirit of the day than my own. Slightly distressing, however, is the cancellation of Southeast's classes. Today was supposed to be the final exam and, well, I suppose we'll have to do it on Wednesday. But they need their final scores to know if they can go on to the next level, which starts next Monday. Oh well. There's nothing I can do about it. Looking outside though, it doesn't seem the storm has held up to its end of the bargain. I'm sure driving is not too fun, but it hasn't exactly been a blizzard. In fact, most of the day has been hovering right around freezing which is warmer than I had hoped. If we have a snow day, I want it to be the snow day to end all snow days.

Can a snow day end other snow days? I would think a snow day could only be ended or prevented by very warm weather, not an inordinate amount of snow. Maybe a snow day for all time would be more interesting, particularly if Tilda Swinton becomes ruler (hubba hubba).

Congrats on your snow day. I took the dog swimming today. You can keep your snow out there. I like my spring warm and happy.

I am reminded of what a sad, boring place Nebraska is when the snow storm is the ONLY news on for 48 hours. At this point in our northern tundra existence, shouldn't we be used to it?

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Scott
  • From Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
  • Busily carving a niche somewhere between angels and apes since 1979.
My profile

    "... if you're not on videotape, or better yet, live on satellite hookup in front of the whole world watching, you don't exist. You're that tree falling in the forest that nobody gives a rat's ass about" (Palahnuik, Chuck. Survivor). This is my performative culture; I am your dancing monkey.