« Home | Serhiy is here. » | Home again, well, Omaha anyway » | A day with George » | Oregon and Bust » | The Infamous First Post »

Finally, people watching without the inconvenience.

Well, apparently absolutely everyone is blogging, so I'll try to be better at it. For now, let me give you all a "game" to try. I love doing this. Go to an album hosting site with a search feature (Webshots is my recommendation because it has the best search engine and the largest user base, but Flickr and pBase work too). Type in a search phrase like Lincoln Nebraska or Adventist or towel and see what comes up. Webshots allows for boolian operators, so a search like Lincoln (NE OR Nebraska OR Neb OR Nebr) helps you get a more complete listing if you are obsessive compulsive. (Since I am well versed in this feature, you can guess about my own level of obsession.) It is endlessly fascinating what is associated with certain words. For example, towel will lead you to photos of people's monogrammed towels, towels folded like origami, and people of various makes and models wearing towels. It entertains me, perhaps it will entertain you too.

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

I am not allowed to look at webshots "per LLU policy"

Bryant, that's really odd. I guess none of the faculty or staff have seen the 1,779 pictures associated with Loma Linda on Webshots. It's not like the material is very risque.

Thanks for the link. How come Daniel gets to be absolute though?!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Scott
  • From Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
  • Busily carving a niche somewhere between angels and apes since 1979.
My profile

    "... if you're not on videotape, or better yet, live on satellite hookup in front of the whole world watching, you don't exist. You're that tree falling in the forest that nobody gives a rat's ass about" (Palahnuik, Chuck. Survivor). This is my performative culture; I am your dancing monkey.