« Home | Snow Days » | When did I get the point? » | One of Many Downsides to American Exceptionalism » | The Bus People » | "Alas, it is I, a poor girl from the village of Gh... » | Smacznego! » | Research Poem: compound noun, a literary work into... » | I'd be happy with third. » | Hajib and TSA » | Lefties can be vitriolic too. »

How I spent my snow day

To see photos of Ellen, Serhiy, an abominable snow woman, and myself frolicking in the snow, visit my gallery here. The pictures are terribly artistic, by which I mean the lens was fogged over most of the time. I tried to make Ellen happy by posting these on Flickr, but the effort only confirmed that the upload limit is unreasonable and I still loathe the interface, so Zoto it is.

to test your complaints i signed up for a zoto account and uploaded some photos. just how many photos are up uploading a month? and this point is negligable because of the other annoying things zoto has going for itself.

as for the interface? for me, it's annoying to have to scroll down on every picture to see all of it...(okay so apparently it's only the galleries that have this problem, but still, it shouldn't be a problem). secondly, the ads, the clutter! though, since you are a windows user, i can't imagine that you'd feel comfortable navigating in an uncluttered web page.

and then there's the name and logo. i can't say that i like how flickr is spelled, but the flower in zoto just makes me think they don't take themselves seriously (maybe because i drew similar flowers on my notebook in middle school?).

you can go your way and i will go mine...i just don't want to hear about the flickr/zoto divide again. and the pictures did turn out really well, very artistic.

Ellen remember, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."

Snow days (and coffee) are clearly the best thing about winter weather; this year brought me none of the former (but, understandably, plenty of the latter).

Post a Comment