« Home | For Katja » | Sorry I haven't updated lately, I've been busy. En... » | Scott for the visually impaired. » | Nerdalism » | Tele makes me tubby. » | I've got a question for ya'll: does the Bible supp... » | I haven't updated for an unconscionable period. » | Representations of Adventists » | Smith, Rad. Distant Early Warnings. » | The Nut Case »

Goin' Mainstream

I'm over-proud of being an iconoclast. I also tend to feel more at home in areas that have decent mass transit systems (i.e. not this continent). Many of you know that these two features of my personality work together to keep me healthy. By which I mean, walking a lot. And not hurtling myself along the road encased in metal. However, being hired by Union and having plenty of experience missing the number 3 bus, I've admitted to myself that I need to get a car, at least until I can get out of this hive of fascism . . . but I digress. The problem is that I haven't really driven for a while. In fact, the last car I had was long enough ago that the accident is no longer on my record. So, I was a bit chagrinned today when I had to drive a car. It's not like I don't have a valid license, just not a belief in the validity of the whole shebang. Anyway, I drove. In snow. No one died. Now here's the kicker: after getting over the initial jitters, it was fine. This is the slippery slope down which I will be sliding. First I drive, next thing you know, I'll be buying an SUV, fighting over parking spots, and voting Republican. I definately need to get out of this country.

Baby, you can drive my car (sung poorly, of course).

I don't know what you mean about them being ambiguous and tangential. Please exaggerate.

diaud

I hope that's not what driving means... otherwise I'm already sliding. (Although I can't feel myself sliding to the right)

as a hipster i am only allowed one republican friend, and i'm sorry, but that slot is already filled in my life. either you move, and not become a republican, or you lose me as a friend. that's just the way things have to be.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Scott
  • From Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
  • Busily carving a niche somewhere between angels and apes since 1979.
My profile

    "... if you're not on videotape, or better yet, live on satellite hookup in front of the whole world watching, you don't exist. You're that tree falling in the forest that nobody gives a rat's ass about" (Palahnuik, Chuck. Survivor). This is my performative culture; I am your dancing monkey.