« Home | How I spent my snow day » | Snow Days » | When did I get the point? » | One of Many Downsides to American Exceptionalism » | The Bus People » | "Alas, it is I, a poor girl from the village of Gh... » | Smacznego! » | Research Poem: compound noun, a literary work into... » | I'd be happy with third. » | Hajib and TSA »

A quick restaurant warning

For those of you living in Lincoln, I just have to tell you, Taco del Mar is a waste of time and money. It's not that the food is particularly bad, it's just not particularly good. On top of that, they're skimpy compared to their competitors. For the same price as a burrito at Oso or Chipotle, you get something 2/3rds the size and flavor. If you pay a little more, you can get five chips and a dab of salsa. It's on O Street downtown between Pita Pit and Oso Burrito, both of which are much better choices for a meal and have a very similar business models (namely, take a flat bread and let the customer choose what goes inside). Subway and Jimmy John's, across the street, change the formula by adding leavening to the bread and are still better options than Taco del Mar. If you've got a little energy, you could also walk to Bison Witches, Sher-E-Punjab or go to something more swanky like the Blue Orchid in Federal Place. The Blue Orchid, by the way, is very reasonably priced but it feels and tastes pricey.

ENOUGH! I already miss Lincoln restaurants. Sigh. 'Wish I could be there to eat with the cool Lincoln peeps.

Yeah. I second that.

Post a Comment