« Home | Before I even say what I have to say, let me clari... » | Busy again. » | Transamerica » | How am I not myself? » | Goin' Mainstream » | For Katja » | Sorry I haven't updated lately, I've been busy. En... » | Scott for the visually impaired. » | Nerdalism » | Tele makes me tubby. »

Tit et Tat

So, at UNL today I heard two people whose taste and intelligence is unquestionable discussing "Lazy Sunday," the SNL music video many people know as the "Chronic-what-cles of Narnia." Wendi already provided a link to the video, but it reminded me that I've been meaning to direct everyone to Andy, Jorma, and Akiva's website. They are the geniuses behind this and other really funny videos. They've been putting their work online for people to enjoy for much longer than they've been employed by SNL. My introduction to them was "Just 2 Guyz" and I still think it's my favorite. Enjoy. Tonight, while reading the BBC website, I was reminded why I don't often read news. It depresses me. For example, In France, about 200 members of parliament blame rap music for the riots last year. They are particularly targetting Monsieur R's song, "FranSSe." (That link, by the way, was the only place where I could actually find the full text on the internet.) Among other things, it refers to France as a prostitute (finally a rap song the Republicans can enjoy). In my opinion, if a writer can generate art that actually sparks riots, it's an amazing piece of work and should be canonized. For a take that's bound to spark some conversation on the subject of rap and volatile political action in France, I'll direct you to this charmingly named blog. Another story told of plastic surgery in Moscow using stem cells. They harvest them from the stomach of one person and then, for around $10,000, another person has them injected into their face. The trophy wives of the Nouveaux Russes can even buy facial creams containing human skin cells at fashionable pharmacies. On the one hand, I'm quite in favor of stem cell research, on the other, this seems like a pretty silly and reckless procedure, especially since it hasn't gone through anything approaching rigorous testing (some doctors originally tried it on themselves and thought they saw a difference). Oh well, where would any new technology be without silly applications (like the Univac without "Mary Has a Little Lamb"). Anyway, one final thing to note is that Angela Merkel is in Washington for a visit. Let's hope she doesn't go too soft on the Cokehead-in-Chief. Goodnight and good riddance.

"Poor Georgie. He couldn't relate to women unless he was loaded."

I think it would help this country out a lot if he would start with the heavy drinking and the coke again. Perhaps he could "relate".

Post a Comment