« Home | A quick restaurant warning » | How I spent my snow day » | Snow Days » | When did I get the point? » | One of Many Downsides to American Exceptionalism » | The Bus People » | "Alas, it is I, a poor girl from the village of Gh... » | Smacznego! » | Research Poem: compound noun, a literary work into... » | I'd be happy with third. »

My newfound dislike for CRTs

Perhaps it's not a problem with Cathode Ray Tube monitors, maybe it's just my laptop. The LCD screen on my laptop makes things look vibrant and beautiful. It's one reason I call her my Heila (It's a Saami word; look it up). The downside is that when I change the color scheme on my blog/myspace/etc, it looks gorgeous on Heila's beguiling screen but it may look hideous on other screens. In particular, the colors I choose yesterday looked really bad on my work computer. Now they look better on my work computer, but less compelling on Heila. Right now it's supposed to be a dark maroon background, ivory text box, and dark organge highlights. That might not be what you see. Tell me what you think. Lighter shades? Darker shades? Scrap it and start over?

the ivory is more of a lemon yellow on my work computer.

Yeah, I can't deal with "off white" that looks lemon yellow (#ffffcc). So, I've changed it to true white (#ffffff). If I tilt my screen the right way, it looks about like things do on CRTs.

So this is why you were asking me about the color scheme. Remember that we have the same computer so thinks look fantastic here too.

p.s. do you ever try to make the word verification jumble into something meaningful. or is that just me

Post a Comment