« Home | Myspace, Schmyspace » | Hit refresh. » | New Template! » | Two more. » | I've done nothing constructive today. » | Shedding Leaves and Hair » | Positively Williams » | "The Good Old Days" or "Stupid Modern English" » | Andrea's in a magazine. It's nothing that you can'... » | I just posted, but I also happen to think at least... »

Birthday Bunco

Last night was Terri Krovoza's half-century celebration. We had fun, I took pictures. You can view them here. I don't like using the flash, but indoors at night, I really should. Instead I used high ISO (many of these are at ISO800) which can give the pictures a fuzzy or blotchy appearance. One reason I like the new Fujis is that they do high ISOs better than any other; most stop at 400 and have horrible results, whereas this can produce decent prints at 800 and its ISO1600 quality is equivalent to other's 400. But, I digress. Some of the pictures are great, some aren't so much. Still, you might enjoy them, particularly if you were there or wanted to be. Also, you can download a .zip file containing three short clips from the nights activities at megaupload. It's 11 meg and the videos are in the divx format (if you can't play them, install ffdshow). Oh, and for all the Valentino's haters out there (you know who you are, Wendi), we had a Pizza taste test and of the competitors (Dominoes, Papa Johns, [Jabba the] Pizza Hut, Godfather's, and Valentino's), Val's came in first, followed by Godfather's. P.S. On the naming of the videos: I know the dance is the Hokie Pokey. I though "Hanky Panky" was funnier at the time. Perhaps not in retrospect.