« Home | Shedding Leaves and Hair » | Positively Williams » | "The Good Old Days" or "Stupid Modern English" » | Andrea's in a magazine. It's nothing that you can'... » | I just posted, but I also happen to think at least... » | Class and Coupling » | Unasking a Divide » | Fotki » | A Metablog Post » | Meat substitute teacher »

I've done nothing constructive today.

. . . but yesterday was pretty active, at least until seven when I fell asleep and didn't wake up until 1:30 am at which point I did a few things then went back to sleep. At Capital View Church yesterday (which Serhiy insisted on calling "CVC"), I saw a banner on which this was written: It was good company. Anyway, my November gallery has been updated with pictures from yesterday, both church and Pioneer's park with people from Carrington (the daughter grade's Serhiy's papers for Beth Rodacker-Borgans). And here's another church art. I was told by someone to draw a picture of him and I replied, "I'll draw Yu." Yu Huang Shandi, that is. Homophones are fun despite my penchant for making mistakes when I comment on blogs. The lines don't look so bad at a smaller size, but I scanned it at 3157X4746 to edit and I can see every pen stroke at that size. Curiously, getting up close to see paintstrokes is my favorite part of going to an art gallery.

Wow. I love Yu. It's awesome. And I like seeing paintstrokes, too. Friends and lovers make fun of me, but I'd rather stand in front of a painting for 10 minutes, soaking up the details, than rushing around to see the "big picture" of the museum collection. There are so many different ways to experience a painting . . .

Post a Comment