« Home | Feel free to skim. » | Quiz » | Weird Coincidence 3240597743.1 » | Catching up with the movies. » | Tit et Tat » | Before I even say what I have to say, let me clari... » | Busy again. » | Transamerica » | How am I not myself? » | Goin' Mainstream »

Birthdays are the New Black

Today I amused myself greatly and consistently. Inside jokes are like that. They have great staying power. And this joke was waaaayy inside. I never verbalized it. I never shared it with anyone else (until now). It was my joke and mine alone. You see, today, February 15, besides being the Roman holiday of Lupercalia, is my birthday. And I wore a suit. It’s a new suit. I bought it in January, but this is the first I’ve actually worn it as a suit. You could say, it’s my birthday suit. That’s the joke. I know it might not be very funny, but I have low expectations and it’s my joke. Though now that I think about it, Home Movies may have mentioned something to this effect in an episode. Anyway, no one put the two together all day, probably because they didn’t know it was my birthday. Even then though, my students who inexplicably knew it was my birthday didn’t make the connection. But now you all know, so it’s a public joke. And I’m still way too pleased with myself. However, I’ve now changed out of the suit and will start working on not starting my sentences with conjunctions. Or something like that.

It is absolutely the ONLY birthday suit I EVER want to see you in!

I didn't realize it was your birthday. Well, I guess my present to you was our enlightening conversation about how dumb Republicans are and how the world views us. You can take it back if it doesn't fit. :)

Had it been me, I'm not sure I would have made it through the day without saying, "It's my birthday! Here's my suit! Tee-hee!" Buon compleanno, yo.

I missed your birthday too, sorry! Hope it was a good one.

Post a Comment