« Home | "Two legs good, two wheels better," chant the sheep » | The heartbreak of adult acne » | Schemes set to music » | Sweet Land » | 2.5 items » | The tangled Web we weave » | Getting to my roots » | The 56th street windtunnel » | Он ядовйто усмехнусля » | Fat pants »

Corollary: two legs bad, two wheels bad

This morning I broke my left ulna riding my bike on the way to work. Well, now that I think about it, it was more like a second after an unplanned and volatile dismount from my bike. Part of the ulna that forms a joint with the carpals has set itself free and is floating in my arm.

It hurts to articulate my wrist, which is why they put it in a brace. It doesn't help as much as it could. Neither do the pain meds, which I suspect to have psychotropic qualities since I just thought this week's Gilmore Girls was well written for a change. As long as the wrist is elevated and not moving it's OK.

I'm considering typing only with letters on the right side. I on' hink i ok I'll go bk o noml.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon to learn more about my future. I'm hoping for Callie from Grey's Anatomy.

I'm starting a list of things I now dislike intensely:

* buttons

* broken reflectors

* the letters q, w, e, r, t, a, s, d, f, g, z, x, c, v; numbers 1-5 and corresponding symbols.

* anything not in the proximity of my right arm is dead to me.

More to follow.

Heal well.

Oh, Scott,

That's hilarious, but so so sad and, I'm sure, enervating. I send forth my deepest, tenderest condolences.

At least you have Tanya. These things go so much smoother with a beloved, I promise.

I'm leaving a comment as I won't remember what the pharmacist said. You can take 2 ibuprofen tablets up to 2 times a day with the prescription meds you are on. Any more than that'd be bad. I'll be over around 7 or so.

Feeling any better?

Call if you need anything. I'm working all day, every day, but am free after 5 or so.

Post a Comment