« Home | The tangled Web we weave » | Getting to my roots » | The 56th street windtunnel » | Он ядовйто усмехнусля » | Fat pants » | Ich bin kranky » | Fantastic technology. » | I've been workin' on the homepage, all the live-lo... » | Such sweet sorrow. » | The decline of chivalry and the service industry. »

2.5 items

Tanya in her pretty dress.
First, and most importantly, the biggest news in my life recently is that I'm off the market. Which is not to say I was ever advertising. Her name is Tanya Cochran, she's an assistant professor of English at Union, energetic, smart, sweet, funny and other fine adjectives. And when I say smart and funny, I don't just mean that she understands my jokes and finds them amusing, though she does and that's incredibly attractive.



Secondly, the blogspot domain has been blocked by the company that Union contracts with to keep the icky bits of the Internet from being accessed on campus. Though I realize there are icky bits using the blogspot domain, blocking all of it is rather heavy handed. This was not a decision made by our Information Systems on campus, but they can unblock it if they wish. I've written to the proper authorities and they said they'd look into it. If you are also an employee or student at Union and would like to be able to read blogs on campus, I suggest you also write or call Information Systems so they realize it's not just me being a squeaky wheel ... yet again. Update: I was able to access blogs from Union today, oh frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!


Overheard:
Very young boy: Mommy, some daddies have hair.
Mommy: Yes, but not your daddy.


Labels: , ,

well well well, how does she feel about the new do? Johanna says she's surprised. I think she just thinks that Tanya's far too young, since she prefers an 18 year age difference. And Tanya, if you're reading this I have tons of dirt on that boy and my phone number is.......well, you'll have to get it from Scott. I don't want any internet dates.


Melinda

I'm so intrigued, and happy for you both. The merging of two great brains . . . wow. It's like a dream come true--for you guys, I mean. Not my dream, per se.

That's fantastic Scott. My daddy doesn't have hair either. JK, I mean about your finding Tanya; or did she find you? Awe, you found each other. Hearing your happiness makes me bounce around the room.

I just had a interesting conversation with my folks about God's foreknowledge, will, dating system (and ours), and what He has to do with romance.

And she laughs at your jokes! But from a fellow word geek, that's not difficult to imagine.

Merry Christmas,
Seth

Are you trying to break my heart?

It's not so much trying to break your heart, Ellenita Witch Woman, but to prove it's existence.

I'm alive. ALIVE!

Post a Comment