« Home | Ich bin kranky » | Fantastic technology. » | I've been workin' on the homepage, all the live-lo... » | Such sweet sorrow. » | The decline of chivalry and the service industry. » | The convergence of divergent strands. » | Scenarios for the demise of Serhiy » | The nickle scheme worked. » | The big news. » | Dear Blog, »

Fat pants

Yesterday I bought new pants. They're a solid grey and I've wanted some like this for a while now. They are also larger than I've previously worn--I guess I'm getting both old and fat. The funny thing is I have plenty of pants in the previous size that fit fine--I think the current fashions have just changed the way the pants are being cut in ways that are unflattering to my particular anatomy. Plus, I'm probably getting old and fat. However, I am happy with these pants. I'm sure you're wondering at this point why you should care.

Well, one of the tags on these pants advertises their astounding technology. It says, "Repels stains, wrinkles, and most everything else." I think when advertising pants to men, they might want to mention specifically and in large letters, "... except women."

Also, I got a couple compliments on my sweater which I bought to match the pants. It's OK, but I really think people were just confused. They knew something looked good and assumed it was the sweater, but it was really the pants. So I'll say it myself, "those are some phat pants, Scott."

And now for the piece of this blog everyone will enjoy, the Serhiy quote of the day: "What happens at vespers stays at vespers."

Labels: ,

I need some new pants. I don't want to have to buy a size larger either.

Scott,

Please don't ever use the word "phat" again in context. I'm BEGGING you!!

you're back to blogging!

oh, how i've missed you...and your pants.

Post a Comment