« Home | The 56th street windtunnel » | Он ядовйто усмехнусля » | Fat pants » | Ich bin kranky » | Fantastic technology. » | I've been workin' on the homepage, all the live-lo... » | Such sweet sorrow. » | The decline of chivalry and the service industry. » | The convergence of divergent strands. » | Scenarios for the demise of Serhiy »

Getting to my roots

For Halloween, I went to a party as Borat, everyone's favorite fake Kazakh journalist.


"Jak się masz, I am Borat"


I thought I looked rather dashing with dark eyebrows and jokingly speculated about dying my hair--all of my hair because dying the eyebrows alone would just be weird. Friend Wanda, who is a bit of an instigator, encouraged these thoughts. And let's face it, with the way things have been going at work, I need every bit of intelligence I can muster--perhaps leaving the ranks of the blonds is a good thing.


One thing led to another and Wanda came over and dyed my hair tonight. There's still a bit of discoloration of the skin around the eyebrows, but it should be gone soon.


"Living room skeptic"


I feel it's obligatory to also post a flash-in-a-dirty-mirror picture to commemorate the event.


"At least only the camera is flashing you."


Besides the normal dishwater blond, I've temporarily had green, metallic red, and powder grey hair for very short periods. This is the first time I've permanently dyed my hair, but it's not the first time I've had black hair. According to expert testimony (Mom), I was born with a head full of black hair.


P.S. Please don't call me a "blackhead."


Labels: ,

I think you should perm it too.

And grow a bushy blond mustache.

what a dashing, dark haired journalist you make.

Your Mom also says that if she had not seen you be born she would not have claimed you because of all the black hair. I am wondering if I should claim you now. YUCK, I'm not impressed, but it is YOUR hair.

I think you look like Wes Bentley from American Beauty.

It will probably grow on me...like Ted's beautiful hair...it grew and grew and grew.

The "blackhead" comment made me snort inappropriately.

well Scott, you have no more right to comment condescendingly when I color my hair...

Blond looks better on you. That's just my opinion.
Aunt Carol

Oh, man, I so died over the blackhead line.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Scott
  • From Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
  • Busily carving a niche somewhere between angels and apes since 1979.
My profile

    "... if you're not on videotape, or better yet, live on satellite hookup in front of the whole world watching, you don't exist. You're that tree falling in the forest that nobody gives a rat's ass about" (Palahnuik, Chuck. Survivor). This is my performative culture; I am your dancing monkey.