« Home | Getting to my roots » | The 56th street windtunnel » | Он ядовйто усмехнусля » | Fat pants » | Ich bin kranky » | Fantastic technology. » | I've been workin' on the homepage, all the live-lo... » | Such sweet sorrow. » | The decline of chivalry and the service industry. » | The convergence of divergent strands. »

The tangled Web we weave

Today I feel like I accomplished more than I did all last week combined. And yet I get paid no more or less ... but I do get to keep the job. Anyway, I have a work-related inquiry for you all.


Let's say that in the enchanted gum-drop kingdom of Make-Believe-aska, there was an institution of higher learning with a Web site that looked a bit like this (hypothetically speaking, of course). It wanted to have a Web site that was cool, dynamic, useful and attracted students, especially since its traditional method of getting students (liberating them from dungeons) was no longer viable because all the dungeons were empty. You have been chosen as this institution's Web champion. What would you do in such a fantasy scenario to improve the Web site for our forlorn institution of higher learning to make it more attractive, better organized, more interesting and more useful?


I'm asking because before I can get my shiny new content management system, I need to "evaluate needs"--in other words, make a list and check it twice to find out to what extent our current system is naughty and/or nice.


If you'd like to leave a comment, go ahead, or you can e-mail me. I use my ucollege.edu account mostly and I'm guessing all of my limited readership know what that is.


In other work-y news, Jacque is out of the office for the rest of the week and she has a good excuse so I can't begrudge her the time. However, this evening I saw international rescue and relief majors in climbing gear on top of the clock tower. It reminded me that if someone dies while she's gone, I'm going to have to write the press release and that is not cool. So for any Unionites out there, please check to make sure Jacque is back in the office before you go act like fools in ways that attract the attention of the media.


P.S. Sometimes when I look in the mirror, I surprise myself.


P.P.S. I can't get enough Frisky Dingo on Adult Swim. If you don't mind rotting your brains with cartoons, you can watch all the episodes on youtube.com


Labels: , ,

I'm very happy that you are blogging again. It's nice.

Post a Comment