« Home | Dear Blog, » | Metablog blogging » | This one's for Angie » | Dear Blog, » | Why I love ESL, part 3432685.9 » | My newfound dislike for CRTs » | A quick restaurant warning » | How I spent my snow day » | Snow Days » | When did I get the point? »

The big news.

Call me Laura. On second thought, no. Laura Poblete has moved on to do bigger things and I was hired today to replace her at Union's Marketing and Communications department. This means a real salary, benefits, and, if I'm lucky, business cards. The whole shebang. All I have to do is put in forty hours a week. It helps that I already know I like my coworkers. My responsiblities will include writing, editing, and web content management. I'll have a padded cell in the Carnegie building from which to do it. So, if you're in the neighborhood, stop in and see me. I'll be starting part time next week and full time the week thereafter.

You rock.

Fabulous Scott. Won't you miss teaching? Is your cell in a Building I'm not aware of?

The Carnegie building is the cute little brown building on the corner of 48th and Prescott next to Engel Hall. It was originally a library built with funds provided by Andrew Carnegie. It ceased that function in 1971 when Union built a new library and served as the home of Union's radio station during the seventies (explaining the orange carpet on the walls of my office that looks suspiciously like a groovy sound booth). After that it was the home of Midwest Computer Systems and in 2001, it became Marketing Communication's new home.

you could start podcasting from work in your sound booth/office/cell!!!

Congrats, Scott! Wow... like being a real grown-up. ('Funny how you can teach college and still not feel as though you've earned that distinction--and I know.)

Podcasting is a pretty good idea. You could do a weekly thing from the president, maybe some of unions bands, maybe some of what the professors are up to in research and writing. Maybe that would fit in more with the newspaper.

Bryant, you do remember this is Union we're talking about, not some place that actually has people doing research and students making original music.

Ooh . . . Burn.

I'd like to hope that Union has seen it's share of orginal music from students. But, again, maybe that's just my ego talking.

Anyhow.

Congrats to Scott on the new position!

Have you seen Scott's and Ted's Mommy and Daddy lately? They just can't shut up. Their buttons are busting with pride. You just can't guess who's boys are the greatest.

okay, this is way belated, but congratulations from me as well. is it weird that so many people i know end up working for Union after they graduate? did i go wrong somewhere? i do miss the old crowd. anyway, enjoy the new job.

Post a Comment