« Home | The big news. » | Dear Blog, » | Metablog blogging » | This one's for Angie » | Dear Blog, » | Why I love ESL, part 3432685.9 » | My newfound dislike for CRTs » | A quick restaurant warning » | How I spent my snow day » | Snow Days »

The nickle scheme worked.

As I emerged from the mailroom at SeCC's Energy Square office, the office manager walked by, paused, and said, "Your Momma must have raised you right." If I looked surprised, it was not because I doubted her statement. She explained herself, reaching into the room and flicking the light switch, "You turn off lights when you leave rooms." As the bulbs flickered back to life she continued, "but we leave these lights on."

HAHAHAHAHA It didn't work for my momma...

I read it as you were walking out of the bathroom, not the mailroom, and was very confused about the woman being there, but well, it makes sense now.

I WILL take the credit for raising you right, but the lights and the nickel game was your father's idea. Just call me the enforcer. I need to find an incentive for your father now...he didn't learn very well.
Mum

Post a Comment